Sunday, January 24, 2010

Expected so much more from book 10


Book 10-The murder of King Tut, by James Patterson

Wow...what can I say about this book...it was not what I expected at all. The book is supposed to the be story of King Tuts "murder". But instead it was pretty much about Howard Carter and his search for Tut's tomb in the 1920's.

Don't get me wrong, the book was interesting in it's own way, but me, being the Egypt junkie I am, wanted insite into the life of Tut and his death. James Patterson states in the book how he researched Tut's life and death, but it seems most of what he researched was on Howard Carter and Lord Carnovan, the two individuals looking for the tomb. Personally I think the book should have been called "The Life and Times of Howard Carter". But that's just my opinion.

I love James Pattersons novels: The Alex Cross books are great, the Womens Murder club books are super, but this one just didn't do it for me. The book is classified as a "non-fiction thriller" Uh-huh...the only thing remotely scary or thrilling about this book was that it was not what the title portrays.

On to book 11, "Thirst" by Christopher Pike. Remember him from early young adult "scary" novels?! Well now he's written a vampire novel for adults...I think...

1 comment: