Thursday, March 29, 2012

Book 13-Mocking Jay by Suzanne Collins

Wow...it has been quite a while since I finished this book.  I meant to retreat into my crypt and do this blog about 10 days ago..but unfortunately life as you all know it got it the way. So here I am taking a well deserved break from my spring tomb cleaning (can't live the entire year with dust and cobwebs) and decided to finally sit and do this!

Book 13 was Mocking Jay, the third and final book in the Hunger Games trilogy.  This book basically wraps up the story of Katniss and her fight against the Capitol.  Again, I can't say to much about the story without giving it away, which is kind of a bummer.

I'll be completely honest...the first half of this book wasn't holding my attention at all.  It had to much of a political feel to it, kind of like reading a historical account of those that have fought battles against any of the other dictators, Hitler, Saddam take your pick.  This part of the story I found just drug on and on...not going anywhere.  Thankfully I kept turning the pages and was pleasantly surprised the way the story ended..somewhat.

Ok, Ok..it wasn't the total ending I wanted...but hey...I didn't write the story, did I??  All in all this was an amazing trilogy which I would one day pick up again just to remember Katniss, Peeta and all the other characters.  It was thoroughly enjoyable and this Zombiemom would recommend all of my followers read it, if you haven't already.

My daughter and I went and say the movie as well.  Hunger Games came out last Friday and my zombager drug us out to see the late movie. Just like the book, the movie was also amazing.  Pretty much true to the book, which made me happy, there is nothing worse then when people change a book into a movie and take what you felt were the important parts out.  Eventhough...I was hoping Haymitch would throw up on himself...alas...I guess Mr. Harrelson wouldn't go for that.

The doors of the crypt library are still open, as I am looking for another book, and also airing out my little alcove a bit...all a part of the spring cleaning.  

Till next time my minions!!




No comments:

Post a Comment