Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Book 12-Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

Wow!  Having so much "free" time at work has given me a chance to get caught up on my reading!  It's kind of nice to get paid to sit and read a book (No that is not in my job description), but this zombie mom isn't one for sitting and doing nothing when I'm getting paid...it's driving me a little nuts.

Anyway..onto book my review of Catching Fire, the second book in the Hunger Games trilogy.  *SPOILERS!*  If you haven't read the first book, and don't want to spoil the end for yourself...please stop reading now!!




Katniss and Peeta, the two sole winners of the 74th Hunger Games are happy to be free of the arena and thankful that their families will never have to worry about being safe or hungry ever again, but the Capitol is angry.  There is talk of rebellion amoung the 12 districts of Panem, and the Capitol blames Katniss.

It really sucks with trying to review trilogies...you can't really give a good synopsis of the novel without giving some important details away.  I hope those of you that haven't read The Hunger Games, will have heeded my warning at the beginning of this post.  I wouldn't want to spoil the story for everyone.

Speaking of the story...I really am loving the storyline in these novels.  It it engaging, a little bloody and shocking in parts, with a little bit of political tension.  Kind of like a plot potpourri.  If you haven't read these books, I suggest get your paws on them and sit down for a good read.

Well I won't be closing the doors of the library for a while,  I am sitting by mouldy butt down in reading coffin set to enjoy the third and final book in this trilogy: Mocking Jay.

I'll probably have it done in no time...with the amount of work I have to do at my day job.

Till next time my little minions!




No comments:

Post a Comment