Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Book 2-The Moonlit Mind by Dean Koontz


Well what can I say about book #2?? Only that I had huge hopes for it...sadly I was let down.

The Moonlit Mind is a prelude novella to Mr. Koontz's newest novel 77 Shadow Street, which I have been dying (no pun intended) to read since I received the email about it's release. When I discovered The Moonlit Mind I jumped on it. It is only available as an ebook, which suited me just fine.

The book is a story of a young boy named Crispin who has to flee his stepfathers home, Telford Hall, to save his life. He is alone at the age of 9, and has to struggle on the streets to survive. He meets a dog who he names Harley (after his younger brother), who is not your average dog.

I really don't know what more to tell you...I was very disappointed in this story...I hope everything that happened in the book comes together in 77 Shadow Street. I found this book to be scattered and unorganized. It didn't catch my interest in the beginning, and thus I had a hard time bouncing between the current story and the multitude of flashbacks.

Sorry for not much "heart" in this blog post...I just didn't feel a lot of desire to read this book, but I finished it, and I am again hoping 77 Shadow Street is so much better. With all the hype surrounding it, it better be.

You can check out the trailer for it on youtube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kKCo7jVO4w

I am crossing my fingers and toes!

No comments:

Post a Comment