Saturday, November 20, 2010

Book 53 Beautiful Darkness by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl


Wow...it's taken me a few days to finally get around and doing this post...lets hope I remember what I read! LOL!

Book 53 was Beautiful Darkness which is the sequel to Beautiful Creatures, so unfortunately I can't tell you to much of the plot without spoiling some of the story before it, for those of you who have yet to read the story.

Beautiful Darkness is about the continuing story of Ethan Wate and Lena Duchannes. These two met in the first novel, Ethan, the basketball star, and Lena, stranger to the town of Gatlin and neice of the town recluse Macon Ravenwood.

These two meet and fall in love, but it is strained due to their "differences" After suffering a tragic loss, Lena pulls away from Ethan, she says she is desperate to find her self. Ethan is having more visions of Lena and other strange people...he doesn't know who they are, but he has a feeling they are trying to tell him something about Lena. Ethan sets off to find her, and help her through whatever struggles she is going through.

Honestly I wasn't all that interested with Beautiful Creatures (the first novel) but I am a die hard for reading an entire series (even though I haven't finished the Harry Potter books yet. Tsk Tsk!), so I picked up Beautiful Darkness.

Again, this book wasn't a "hold you to the end" type of story, but it was engrossing enough to keep me turning the pages. Maybe it's just me?? I'm more of a "hack em up" type of girl, than a lovey dovey type of girl...Dawn you'd probably like these novels. They are more your groove :)

But! I am not regretting picking up this book, it was enjoyable, and answers some questions from the first book. It's kind of like making a puzzle and having a time when all the pieces are fitting into place.

What is different about this book is that it is told from the perspective of the main male character Ethan,which is definitely a change. It's nice to see an author stepping out of the usual female "oh my god I love him" garbage in novels. Definitely a breath of fresh air on the fiction front.

The next book I am reading is called Twisted Branch by Chris Blaine. I've never heard of him before (this book was lent to me by my sister, who borrowed it from a friend) but I am going to step out of my usual author scope and try someone new! I THINK the story is kind of like a ghost story with blood. EXACTLY what I like!

Till next time!

1 comment:

  1. Yep, I bet I would love these books :-)
    I'm currently reading The Cellar. OMG. Loving it.

    ReplyDelete