Thursday, April 12, 2012

Book 15-Lover Unleashed by J.R Ward

Ever have one of those feelings where your so far behind in everything you supposed to do, that you feel like your running up a down escalator??  Yeah??  Me to...sigh.

So now I am behind 2 books again, and am scrambling to catch up...again. :(  It has been so busy around the crypt and the tomb library that I haven't had a moment to really find the time to do this blog.  But!  I am here now!  And am ready to inform you of the books I have been reading :)  No, no...stop the applause...it's not necessary.  Just kidding!

Ok, so book 15 was Lover Unleashed by J.R. Ward.  I have been meaning to read this book for some time. It was originally published in hardcover and I couldn't bring myself to purchase it as it wouldn't go with my other books in this series (yes, I am THAT anal about my book collection).  Anyway...I decided to purchase it in ebook, just because I was that excited to read it...aaaannnnddd then, never read it...until now!!!  *hanging my head in shame*

Lover Unleashed is the story of Payne, the sister of the Black Dagger Brotherhood warrior Vishous.  When an unexpected accident puts Payne in the hospital Jane takes it upon herself to get the best surgeon for the job, her former co worker Manuel Manello.

Manny is instantly attracted to the dark haired, fair eyed Payne, and it seems the feelings are mutual.  Manny and Payne both know that to be together they will have to bend the rules, and hopefully not risk anyones life in doing so.

I really enjoyed this book, as I do with all the Black Dagger Brotherhood books.  They have engaging stories that have a tendency to grab and hold your attention.  You can't help but root for Payne and Manny to achieve the happiness together that they both desire.

My only complaint is the use of what I call Black Dagger Brotherhood speak.  Now, I do enjoy the occasional reference to "shitkickers", and the use of the familiar line in the series "Your feeling me, true?" .  It got a little old in this book (yes Dawn it did make me a little nauseous).  There's only so much a zombie can handle.

There's not much I can else I can say...I do recommend if I have interested you in this book, to read them in order from the beginning.  This is a series of books and a lot of the plot in this book depends on bits and pieces from previous books.

Leaving the doors of the library open, so I can finish my second blog of the night.  I will not be moving from this spot until I finish!

Till next time my little minions!




No comments:

Post a Comment