Wednesday, March 16, 2011

This post has been a long time coming...


Wow...it's already halfway through March. I honestly don't feel that I will make 75 books this year. I have been struggling to find a book that will both keep my attention as well as entertain me.


I find myself picking up a book, reading the first 50-100 pages, and losing interest, completely. I think I need something new to re-energize my love of reading. I have been searching both the bookstores and the ebook stores for something fresh and have come up with nothing.


Don't get me wrong, I have read a few books!


I've read The Well by A.J. Whitten. This book was good, but did not have the energy or pull their other book The Cellar had.


I have also read Under my Skin by Judith Graves. This is the story of Eryn a high school student whose parents have gone missing, and she is forced to move to the town of Redgrave where she is forced between keeping a very important secret or the lives of her friends. Now this may sound a little empty, but when you throw in a bit of teen angst, some romance, and a whole wack of paranormal goodness (vampires, werewolves and fairies Oh my!) This book turns into a great read! I can't wait for the second one in the trilogy!


The most recent book I read this year was The 13th by John Everson. This is the story of Castle House, an old hotel that was witness to an occult rituals many years ago. The hotel was shut down, and is now the brunt of ghost stories, and scary campfire tales. But lights are on in the Castle House once again, it seems someone has taken the building under their wing, so to say and has reopened it again. The new owners are there for The 13th....


I'm not totally sure how I feel about The 13th...it was a good gore fest, with some scenes that made even I, raise an eyebrow. The premise was interesting, but the book got very repetitive, and I found myself wanting to put it down and find something else to read.


I am now onto a book called Marked by P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast. It's a YA novel, based on the life of Zoey a young girl whose life has been changed completely, and not by her choice.


Hopefully this one can keep me entertained. :)




1 comment: